EFD Membership Eligibility Requirements
- To be eligible for membership in this department, a person must be eighteen years of age, of good health, of good character, and must either reside or be permanently employed in the Fire District or in the Fire Protection District.
- Members must pass a physical exam within one year of joining the department to obtain a classification for their assigned duties as well as completing all required training to maintain OSHA and department safety standards.
- Additionally, members shall be in compliance with the department constitution and by-laws at all times in order to remain in good standing.
Edmeston EMS Eligibility Requirements
- To be eligible for membership a person must be at least 18 years of age.
To be eligible for membership a person must have at minimum a current certification in CPR.
- Upon a membership vote, Section 2 may be waived and a provisional membership granted if the applicant has no training but wishes to obtain training. The minimal requirement of completion of CPR course must be obtained within 6 months of acceptance making candidate an assistant member. If the candidate does not attend and/or pass this requirement, he/she will automatically be removed from full membership consideration.
- To be eligible for membership a person must have resided within the Edmeston Fire or Fire Protection District for six months prior to consideration.
- To be eligible for membership a person must possess a valid New York State Drivers License. Driving record will be reviewed by executive committee.
- To be eligible for membership a person must be a member in good standing of the community. Three references of residents of the Edmeston Ambulance District must be provided. If person is coming from another district, three references from that district must be provided.
- To be eligible for membership a person must submit an application and become a member or associate member of the Edmeston Fire Department.
- To be eligible for membership a person must submit to any present squad member, an application for membership to the Edmeston Emergency Squad.
- To be eligible for membership a person must have never been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor.
- To be eligible for membership a person must submit a health assessment form and may be subjected to a physical examination by a qualified health care professional.